Faculty & Staff Benefits
FACULTY AND STAFF BENEFITS COMMITTEE
The Faculty and Staff Benefits Committee (FSBC) is charged by the Faculty Senate and the Staff Council to review and advise on current and potential University benefits to include but not be limited to, the retirement and insurance plans and health care and investigate the feasibility of additional benefits as may occur to the committee or be suggested to the committee. The committee shall then recommend changes in, or additions to, these benefits to the Faculty Senate, Staff Council and University Administration. Other units within the University shall not create separate benefits committees.
Membership: Committee membership will include both voting and non-voting members as follows:
- Five faculty members appointed by the Faculty Senate;
- Five staff members appointed by the Staff Council;
- One retiree appointed by the Retiree Association;
Non-voting (Ex-officio members):
- Executive Vice President for Administration/designee;
- Vice President for Human Resources/designee;
- Faculty Affairs and Services Director;
- Human Resources Department Benefits and Employee Services Director; and the Payroll Manager.
- The FSBC may from time to time ask individuals with information/knowledge on special topics to address/advise the committee.
Chairpersons: The FSBC will have Co-Chairpersons (one faculty and one staff member) who will be elected annually by the voting members of the committee.
Minutes: Minutes will be kept for each meeting and will be reported to the Faculty Senate, the Staff Council and the Retirees Association. Minutes are posted on the Faculty and Staff Benefits Committee website, as are the membership list and meeting schedule.